First Steps: Laying a Solid Foundation in the Pre-School Years
What do preschoolers (and older children just coming to home education) need to prepare them to succeed in life and learning? Where is a good place to start? How do I put in place a solid foundation? What is family work and why is it vital? What is Homeculture? What is Momculture? How do I track progress? What are commonplace books and how can I use them to simplify my life? Join me to discover the answers, resources, and more…
Using the scriptures, prophets, resources from the church distribution center I will offer answers to the above questions.
- Prayerfully decide and record
- Check the Pulse and Create Vision
- MAP the Journey
- Lay the Foundation- Scriptures, Prophets, LDS Family Guide Book, Teach a Child to Read Using the Book of Mormon, The Door to My Father’s Study is Always Open (aka nature studies)
- Momculture- Mom’s continuing education- the 15 minute Solution
- Records- Journals, Book of Remembrance, Commonplace Books
Donna Goff and her husband Roger have seven children 13-33 and ten grandchildren under eight! She converted to the church at seventeen. Donna has home educated since 1983. She has a BA in Fine Art and Design, BYU ’80/ MA Ed., GWU ‘08. Donna has been a keynote speaker and has presented at dozens of conferences in CA, NV, UT , VA, and online since 1995. She created Momculture and Mentoring Our Own yahoo groups; founded www.moorhouseacademy.org (2002) and co-owns www.princessacademies.com(2009) with her daughter Julia Groves. Both websites were created to assist mothers in rearing, raising, and educating their children.