How to Get your Homeschooled Child into College
Sometimes it seems like the homeschooling of your child will never end, but before you know it, they will be 18 and both of you will be wondering if homeschooling is over yet. Come learn how to have the vision of getting them into college and what to do to make that vision a reality! Even though your kids are cute, you don’t want them living with you forever. College opens door of opportunity for them, even if they plan on being an entrepreneur.
I love to help people, I love being a mom, and I love watching my children grow through homeschooling. I graduated from BYU with a bachelor’s degree but my real education has happened at home in the trenches with seven children. My oldest two children were accepted into BYU Provo and other universities. Right now the oldest is on a mission and the second is at BYU-Idaho. In addition to being a mom, I mentor the Eternal Warriors/Mothers Who Know Class, offer personal mentoring to moms, offer volunteer support for breastfeeding mothers, write, read, cook real rood, and eat homemade chocolate. I have created a homeschooling curriculum called The Celestial ABCs. I blog at treeoflifemothering.com, the gathering place for crunchy natural LDS moms.
The event, Parent’s Guide to Homeschool Survival took place the Spring of 2013.
Do you love Homeschooling
but sometimes feel overwhelmed?
We can relate! In the fall homeschooling can be wonderful and exciting and filled with energy and lots of plans. By February and March the energy has faded and we begin to wonder if we’ll get through all the plans we made last fall.
Here’s what we fight against:
- So many choices in schools, co-ops, academies, and curricula
- Each of our children desire something different and keep changing
- A typical day does not always go as we planned and negative emotions set in
- We have mixed emotions
- Feelings fill our mind – are they getting enough? Are they behind? What if …?
- We compare ourselves to other homeschoolers and feel inadequate
We have all been there! Let’s make this year different. A little shift in perspective and you can have an increase of energy and joy that will help you last through the end of the school year.
WHAT IF YOU WENT INTO THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR FEELING REFRESHED AND CONFIDENT?
What if you:
- received the light, love, and healing God is already sending to you.
- knew how to spot SPARKS, the genius of a child
- knew 3 keys to helping yourself and your children get an education that truly creates impact.
- learned one simple principle that would turn your homeschool around in just a few minutes and restore interest and enthusiasm right now
- knew how to nurture a relationship with your child
- lived what you know that you may know more–even God.
- knew the key to a thriving homeschool
- knew how to get your homeschooler into college
- and your children knew how to find and teach doctrines and principles easily
Sounds too good to be true right?
As Homeschoolers we are powerful creators! And we have a great responsibility and impact on our family and our community. Your perspective and vision can create change faster than you can imagine. You are doing great!
Here is our gift to you!
These wonderful homeschoolers throughout the United States have gotten together to bring you The Parent’s Guide to Homeschool Survival. Each presenter will give you a quick (15-30 minute) training that will inspire and encourage you to make it through the end of the year with a smile on your face and loving children around you.