- Discussion of Math terms,
- Share Math Word Study
- Intrinsic Value: Self Government
Self Governed is to responsibly act, instead of merely being acted upon; to conduct oneself as a Christian; to allow Christ to lead us in all things.
Who are your Rulers?
- Do you need a ruler to tell you what to do next?
- Who rules over you?
- What type of rulers do you have?
- When Christ is your ruler you grow more and more responsible for your own self. (Helaman 5:12)
Characteristics of a learner who is not self-governed
- Not sure what teacher/parent wants them to do
- Never get their work done
- Do only what they want to do
- Have to be continually reminded
- Need candy rewards, true self-governed learners don’t need a reward
Characteristics of a learner who IS self-governed
- Can get to work by themselves without being told, they tell themselves
- Finish the work they have been given to do (role play it)
- Like to do a good job, done well
- Hold in their mind the instruction
- Praise them when they finish it