Called to Learn of Christ
About this class:
This class is filled with activities and stories and learning all done in class – no homework.
This is an eight-week pilot class for the whole family. It will take place online (or in person if you can) twice a week.
The cost is $50 per family for all 16 classes.
We will meet in the mornings every Monday and Wednesday for eight weeks, starting July 2 (skipping the 4th) at 10 am to 11 am (possibly longer, depending on the subject.) This Summer Math class will focus on Circles! 🙂
The purpose of this class:
- Gain a stronger relationship and understanding of God the Father
- Turning on the enthusiasm for math
- Showing personal application for math
- You CAN do math because is not just about worksheets (computations)
- How to find principles
- Find solutions for modern concerns
- Create your own problems and finding solutions and vice versa.
- Seeing and feeling how God used Math everywhere!
- AND learning all about the geometry of the circle. 🙂
Supplies you’ll need:
- Scrap paper for practicing
- A notebook for notes and vocabulary (composition book) OR plain paper to add to a 3 ring binder
- Math compass
- Pencil, sharp
- Colored pencils (optional)
- Printer to print off the activity each week
Other household items:
Each lesson may have extra things and you’ll get a supply list before class. For example, to make a fan you’ll need a push pin and a pencil with an eraser. Or for circles, you’ll need a can or cup and a string.
The class outline:
(it may change as the class progresses – that’s why it is pilot)
– Introduction to math instruments and symbolic art
– the point and the circle; the story of Giotto
– Is there a beginning to a circle?
– What has a center?
– Practicing Godhood and drawing the Universe
– The Circle of Influence and the parent of all shapes
– Introduction to The Number One
– The All Seeing Eye
– Calculating pi; story of Archimedes
– Triunity, where do you find it?
– The ripple of expansion
– Dividing the Circle
– One Eternal Round
– Maximum Efficiency
– Limited and Unlimited
– Finding the Area of a Circle
– Expanding and Developing your talents
– Creating is Organizing (draw a creation with circles)
– The Power of Sequencing
– The Circles of the Earth
– Eratosthenes measures the Earth
– Water Circles, the only time 1+1 is NOT 2
– Truth is the sum of existence, unchanged
– Circles in Nature
– Walk around the circle to create time
– The Hebrew Circle
– The Egyptian Circle
– Circles in different languages
– Christ-Centered Characteristics
What you’ll learn:
- The instruments of Math and their symbolism
- Why the point and line have no definitions
- How to draw a perfect circle
- The history of circles – the beginning of ALL math
- How to calculation with One
- How to calculate the area of a circle (physically and spiritually and with a calculator)
- How to calculate pi
- How to measure the earth
- How to find circles in literature and language
- Some of the symbols on the Egyptian facsimile in the Pearl of Great Price
- Riddles of Circles
- The three levels of math
Plus you will …
- Discover twelve of God Characteristics
- Learn that you help others when you develop talents
- Gain a stronger connection with God the Father
- Understand the creation of the earth better
- Have more confidence in math
What you’ll create:
- Your first Geometry notebook complete with vocabulary
- A perfect circle
- A pinwheel
- A symbolic seed
- A sequence
- A sun clock
- Several drawing with only circles
- Show you how amazing math can be
- To prove that you can learn math as a family (multiple ages)
- Effectively teach small groups
- Have a group that will continue to move through all the shapes with me
Will presentations be recorded?
YES. We are recording every session. You will have 24hrs from air time to watch each session. The sessions will then be archived in the library for All Access Conference Pass members and Library Access members.
What is the cost of the All Access Conference Pass?
The All Access Conference Pass is available for $37 (one-time purchase) before the conference ends, September 1st. Then, once the conference has ended, the purchase price will be $67.
What time zone is the conference in?
We will begin each day at 10:00 AM MDT (9:00 PDT and AZ, 12:00 PM EDT).
To attend the conference, complete the following registration. If you are signed in to your account simply click “Register”.